https://www.vitalitymwi.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Week-of-Meals.jpg 226 800 kdyer https://www.vitalitymwi.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/vitality-web-300x117.png kdyer2016-11-20 13:05:222016-11-15 20:09:26Recipe: Sirloin Tip Roast with Bacon
Yield: 4 servings
- 3 pounds tied sirloin tip roast
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, slivered
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Bone and tie the beef roast.
- Cut slits into the roast and insert the slivered garlic, placing the pieces evenly around the roast.
- Rub the roast with 1 tablespoon of the mustard, and sprinkle it with the thyme.
- Place the roast on a roasting rack.
- Top the roast with the bacon, with the ends covering the sides.
- Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest portion of the meat and roast at 325F until the thermometer registers 145F for rare, or 160F for medium to well−done.
- Transfer the meat to a serving board or platter. Remove the bacon and string, then replace the bacon.
- Pour the pan drippings into a small skillet and whisk in the remaining mustard.
- Heat to boiling. Continue boiling until the drippings are shiny and thickened.
- Spoon the sauce over the roast and slice it.
Nutritional Information: Per Serving: Calories: 62, Protein: 3 g, Tot Fat: 5 g, Carb 1g, Fiber: 0 g, Net Carbs: 1 g.