https://www.vitalitymwi.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Week-of-Meals.jpg 226 800 kdyer http://www.vitalitymwi.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/vitality-web-300x117.png kdyer2016-11-23 19:24:532016-11-21 19:34:13Recipe: Pumpkin Cheesecake with Caramel Sauce
- 2 pounds cream cheese
- 2 cups Splenda
- 5 eggs
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup of canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup Stevia or Splenda
- 1/2 cup melted grass fed butter
- 24g heavy cream
- 24g unsalted butter
- 5g Truvia
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Mix everything together thoroughly with electric mixer. Fill a buttered 9″ springform pan.
- Bake cheesecake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 250°F and bake an additional hour.
- At the end of the hour remove the cake and run a knife around the edge of the pan.
- Return the cheesecake to the warm oven and let it sit until the oven cools (approximately another hour).
- Chop pecans in food processor; add other ingredients, pulse to blend thoroughly.
- Pour into a 9″ x 13″ baking pan; press down to make firm so that it covers the bottom.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a small non-stick pan over medium low heat and let it cook until it is a light brown color.
- Add the cream, Truvia and salt to the butter and continue to whisk until it begins to feel sticky and the sauce has thickened. This should only take about 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat and continue to stir until it has cooled slightly.
- Allow it to cool to room temperature for serving. If refrigerated, the sauce will harden.
Nutritional Information: Calories 232, Fat: 22 g, Total Carbohydrate 6 g, Dietary Fiber 0.0 g, Protein 4.9 g