http://www.vitalitymwi.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Week-of-Meals.jpg 226 800 kdyer http://vitalitymwi.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/vitality-web.png kdyer2016-11-18 13:56:542016-11-15 20:00:51Recipe: Flank Steak with Sun Butter Sauce
Yield: 8 servings
- 3 pound flank steak, trimmed of fat
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Sun butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat broiler. Place steak on rack set in broiler pan.
- Brush top side with the 1 tablespoon soy sauce.
- Season with black pepper; set aside in a small saucepan, stir together the red pepper, oil and garlic powder.
- Heat on medium for 1 minute.
- Add sun butter, rice wine vinegar and the 1 teaspoon soy sauce with 1/2 cup water.
- Cook until smooth, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Keep sauce warm.
- Broil steak 3 inches from heat for about 7 minutes.
- Turnover, brushing with remaining soy sauce and seasoning with black pepper.
- Broil for 7 minutes more. More time will be needed if you want steak well done.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutritional Information: Per Serving: Calories: 419, Protein: 49 g, Tot Fat: 23g, Carb: 2g, Fiber: 1g.